Wednesday, January 19, 2011

why this blog..............food, cooking, recipes,nutrition, health, diet, body, mind

January 2011

Food is said to influence us. The way we talk, behave, think and look are all related to the what we eat.

January 2011 forced me to enter my mother's arena in the house-- kitchen! With her hand fracture, she relied on me for authentic bengali food. I spent maximum number of hours in kitchen. Though I am fond of Bengali food (ofcourse being Bengali helps) but was never familiar with the nitty gritty of cooking Bengali specialities. I began exploring the traditional Bengali recipes (especially those which were passed from my maternal grandmother to my mother).

Just in case you don't know about my background.. my undergraduation was in Food Science (from SNDT) and for my BSc had Nutrition as one of the subjects (Nirmala Niketan college of home science)!

This blog will be updated fortnightly (15th and 30th)..... do check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Bengali food is very delicious. I have tried it once and all indian recepies are really good.
    Newschoolofcooking

    ReplyDelete